Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mother's Day

This year was my 2nd Mother's Day but it really felt like my first.  Last year, we got home from the hospital with Caitlyn 2 days before Mother's Day so we really didn't do much.  I fed, held, and changed Caitlyn.  Don't get me wrong, I loved having my baby daughter with me on that special day but we were still adjusting and figuring out what we were doing!  This year we were able to get out and have some fun as a family!  We decided to have a quiet weekend, just the 3 of us.  I had seen my mom the weekend before so we both decided that we would each stay home this year.  After all, you don't have to be with someone for them to know you love them!  I had a great day with my husband and daughter and they made me feel special.  We went to Mucho Gusto for lunch and went on a walk because we actually had some great weather that day.  Other than that, I spent the day at home being incredibly thankful for the little family that God has blessed me with!
Mother's Day 2011 (Caitlyn: 5 days old)

Mother's Day 2012 (Caitlyn: 12 months  old)



 This last year, I have appreciated my mom more than ever and I'm so thankful to have her as my mom and Caitlyn's grandma!  She has been an amazing support to me as a new mom and has been by my side through the exciting times and frustrating times.  She has been there to offer her advice or to just listen.  She is always there when someone needs her.  She spent months caring for her mom and then after that she had me calling in tears not knowing what to do and needing her to come down.  And ofcourse, she was there!  Thanks mom, you are an inspiration!  We love you!  

May 4, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment