Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer Play Time

It's only June and we really haven't had much "summer" weather but the summer activities are in full swing!  We just wear long sleeves and ignore the rain!  We have had a few lunch playdates at the park this month.  We met our Moms group from church at the park for a baby shower and we also met our MOPS group at the park.  Caitlyn is having a blast being able to walk around the grass and with the other kids.

"Hmmm, what did everyone else have for lunch?
I think I might go try some of it!"




We also have fun going to our friends houses or having them come to our house.  We got together with Jen and Jesse recently at their house.  Jesse is only about 3 weeks younger than Caitlyn so they play great together.  Well, at this age they mostly just look at each other or poke each other and share sippy cups!




This week, we went out strawberry picking with our Moms group from church at Lone Pine Farms.  It was fun to go there this time of year because I've only been there in the fall.  But oddly, it felt like we were there in the fall because of the cool and rainy weather.  Caitlyn had an absolute blast picking strawberries!  She didn't hesitate at all to get muddy and dive right into the plants to find the berry.  She ate a lot of them before they got to the bucket and even ate the stems.  Oh well, a little roughage wont hurt her.  She missed her morning nap to go, which I hardly ever do, but it was worth it!  I wish I had taken a before picture because she was clean and had cute little pigtails in her hair.  When we left she was covered in mud and sticky fruit juice from her shoes to her head!  By the time we got in the car, to head home, she was exhausted!

"I found one, Mama!"





My muddy sticky mess of a child!  


I'm so glad that we have made so many new mom friends this past year!  It is good for Caitlyn to get together with other kids and I enjoy the adult time too.  It also helps us to keep busy when Nate is out of town like he was just this week!  We missed him but with all of our fun things we are doing we didn't have much time to be lonely.


No comments:

Post a Comment